The Wood Club remains mostly unchanged for 2023 other than an increase to a 15%-discount on additional barrel-aged sour bottles (up from a flat $2). The included club merch for 2023 is a custom insulated water bottle (to keep you hydrated)!
Each membership comes with two 500 mL bottles of eight barrel-aged sour/funky releases at no extra cost. This will include at least two releases exclusive to club members – using fruits and other ingredients too rare or costly for large batches.
We won’t have a set release schedule as the beers will tell us when they are ready, but we’ll allow semi-annual pickups. Plus 15%-off and priority access to pre-purchase limited sour beers and ciders before the general public!
Barrel-aged Sour Bottles
We can’t guarantee any of the beers below given the vagaries of sour beer magic and fruit sourcing but these are some of the beers we have in the works for 2023.
Bottles we plan to include:
- Cherry Growing Season: Wine-barrel-aged pale sour with Maryland cherries
- Wine-barrel-aged pale sour with raspberries (Other Half collab)
- Wine-barrel-aged pale sour with apricots and Phantasm (NZ Sauvignon Blanc grape powder)*
- Wine-barrel-aged pale sour with citrus zest and vanilla beans
- Barrel-aged dark sour with red wine grapes
- Barrel-aged pale sour with mango
- Calvados-barrel-aged Brett Tripel
- Barrel-aged pale sour with foraged staghorn sumac and wineberries*
Other potential releases of old favorites and new projects:
- Barrel-Aged Biere de Garde (Homaide Brewing Collab)
- Older Nails
- Wine-barrel-aged sale Sour with homegrown Pineapple Sage and Lemon Verbena
- Growth Rings 2023
- Gin-barrels-aged with Stonefruit
- Opulence 2023
- Elliptical Orbit 2023 with Cascara and Coffee
The Cellars Club
2023 features the second year of the add-on Cellars Club, which includes bottles of and discounts on our “clean” barrel-aged barrel program: stouts, barleywines, wheat wines, imperial porters etc. Each membership includes one bottle each of six releases with priority access and 10%-off additional bottles of all releases. Given the relatively small size of the program there won’t be many bottles that escape the club!
Bottles we plan to include:
- More Brewing collab Rye Imperial Stout in Rye Whiskey Barrels
- Peanut Butter Imperial Stout in Cherry Brandy Barrels
- Bourbon Barrel Aged Taunting Fate (Fiden’s Collab with Coconut, Macadamia, and Coffee)
- Maple Stout in 18-year Rye Barrels
- BSCV 2023 (Bourbon Stout Coconut Vanilla)
- Barrel Threads 2023
Other potential releases:
- Barrel-aged Sapbucks (flavored coffee imperial stout)
- Barrel-aged Mole’d (Mexican “hot chocolate” imperial stout)
- ABSW 2023 (Apple Brandy Stout Walnut)
- Bridge Four (Rum Barrel Quad)
- Bourbon Barrel Barleywine
Limited-run magnums will be occasionally available featuring one-off-blends and over-the-top adjuncts… DVDC (Double Vanilla Double Coffee) will be the first will be available for 2022 members later this month!